A. Enrollment and Its Consequences
1. The enrollment of a new student (hereafter called “First Enrollment”) will only be taken into consideration by the school upon receipt of (1) a completed application form which is published on the school’s website www.naisr.nl or is available upon request (hereafter called “Application Form”), and (2) relevant academic/supporting documents as requested by the School.
2. The Application form must be filled in upon the application for a First Enrolment.
3. The requested start date of the new student must be indicated on the Application Form. The start date can be at the beginning of the school year (which typically starts the middle of August and ends in the third week of June (hereafter “School Year”) or at any other date during the School Year (hereafter “Start Date”).
4. The school has no obligation to admit a student who applies for a First Enrolment and is not obliged to justify its decision not to admit a student.
5. The First Enrolment is subject to availability. A waiting list is established when the school is unable to determine if a place will be available on the requested Start Date. If a place is not available 90 days after the requested Start Date, the parents may cancel the application and request the full refund of any applicable fees for the student on the waiting list.
6. The enrolment of a student constitutes an agreement with the school valid for a complete School Year (hereafter “Enrolment Agreement”) or the remainder thereof depending on the Start Date.
7. The school has the right to suspend the student from attending school for a period of not more than 30 days if the student does not respect the school’s rules of behaviour as described in the Student Handbook which is available on our website (www.naisr.nl) and was communicated to and accepted by the student and parent(s)/guardian(s). The suspension does not affect the Enrolment Agreement or the parent’s financial obligations to the school.
8. During a School Year, the school has the right to terminate the Enrolment Agreement with immediate effect, leading to the immediate expulsion of the student from the school, in case the student and/or parent(s)/guardian(s) do not respect the school’s rules of behaviour as mentioned in the Student Handbook which was communicated to, and accepted by, the student and parent(s)/guardian(s). The notice shall be given in writing without any recourse to the courts and without any damages whatsoever to the student and/or parent(s)/guardian(s).
9. In the case of students receiving Learning Support, as described on the school’s website www.naisr.nl, the school has the right to prematurely terminate the Enrolment Agreement without any recourse to the courts and without any damages whatsoever to the student and/or parent(s)/guardians should: (a) the parents fail to disclose information relevant to learning and emotional issues that affect the learning abilities of the student; (b) the parents fail to collaborate in following up the recommendations of the school (i.e. assessments, counselling, therapy, etc.); © the school considers it is no longer able to meet the student’s needs. In each of the aforementioned cases the decision to terminate the Enrolment Agreement is taken by the school’s Learning Support Committee after the student and parent(s)/guardian(s) are heard. The school will inform the parents in writing providing a notice period of not less than 3 months.
10. The school has the right to terminate the Enrolment Agreement with immediate effect, without any recourse to the courts and without any damages whatsoever to the student and/or parent(s)/guardian(s) if the student/parent(s)/guardian(s) fail to pay the Tuition Fees or Other Fees, provided that no payment was made within one month after a written notice was sent by the school to the student/parent(s)/guardian(s). The termination of the Enrolment Agreement will result in the immediate expulsion of the student from the school.
11. Students who were enrolled for the previous School Year are enrolled automatically for the next complete School Year with all consequences related thereto. However, the school or the student/parent(s)/guardian(s) have the right not to enrol the student for the next School Year by notification to the other party in writing not later than May 15 of the preceding School Year. Such a decision by the school or the student/parent(s)/guardian(s) will not give rise to any damages.
12. The School reserves the right to use images of students engaged in learning activities or school related events in school related media, such as the school website or in school promotional material. Student first name, age and grade may be used, however, last names and other personal information will not be published. In the event that a parent/guardian does not want their child’s image used in school related media, the parent/guardian must notify the respective Principal in writing.
13. The enrolment of a student for a particular School Year obliges the student/parent(s)/guardian(s) to pay the tuition fees applicable for that particular School Year (hereafter “Tuition Fee”). The Tuition Fee is specified in the Tuition Fees Schedule, published on the school’s website and provided to the student/parent(s)/guardian(s) upon the First Enrolment. The full Tuition Fee is payable as per the Fee Payment Schedule. The Tuition Fee invoice for a particular school year is issued in May.
14. The Tuition Fee covers all curricular activities that are a compulsory element in the student’s learning program. The school reserves the right to modify the Tuition Fees should this prove necessary to reflect increased costs. The modification of the Tuition Fees shall be published on the school’s website and the student and parent(s)/guardian(s) will be notified in writing.
15. In case the student and/or parent(s)/guardian(s) sign up for services offered by the school that are not a compulsory element in the student’s learning program (such as but not limited to bus services, extracurricular field trips, extracurricular activities, food services, etc.), the student and/or parent(s)/guardian(s) agree to pay the fees related thereto (hereafter “Other Fees”).
16. The amount of the Other Fees and the sign-up procedures for these additional services is published on the school’s website or are available upon request. The sign-up procedures and amount of the Other Fees are hereby accepted by the student and parent(s)/guardian(s).
17. For a particular School Year, the Tuition Fee and Other Fees are due as outlined per the payment schedule.
18. All invoices of the School shall be due and paid in full within 30 days from the date of the invoice or prior to the requested start date, whichever is first. After the due date for payment the unpaid invoices shall automatically carry an interest of 10% per year without any written notice from the School. The School also has the right to retain the student’s school reports in case the Tuition Fees or Other Fees are not paid in full.
19. Upon request of the parent(s)/guardian(s) the school accepts to send the invoices for Tuition Fees and/or Other Fees to a third party such as the employer of one of the parents. Notwithstanding any payment arrangements between the parents and the third parties, the parent(s)/guardian(s) remain jointly and severally liable for the full payment of all invoices.
C. Application of the General Terms and Conditions
20. These general terms and conditions apply from the moment the student and parent(s)/guardian(s) submit an application for the First Enrolment until the student is no longer enrolled in the school and all outstanding issues between the school and the student/parent(s)/guardian(s) related to the student’s enrolment are finally settled, and to each Enrolment Agreement entered into between the school and the student/parent(s)/guardian(s).
21. These general terms and conditions as well as the Enrolment Agreement to which they apply will be governed by Dutch law. All disputes arising out of or in connection with these general terms and conditions and with the Enrolment Agreements to which they apply shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Netherlands.
22. The invalidity or un-enforceability of any provision(s) of these general terms and conditions shall in to way affect the validity or enforcement of any other provision(s) or any part thereof.